Early vision checks and monitoring are important to establish a baseline for your child’s eye health and to ensure that they can see well and meet milestones for learning. The Canadian Association of Optometrists recommends that children have their first eye exam at six months of age, another at age three, and then every year after that.
See Your Best
- 80% of learning comes from vision
- Children who cannot see the black board in school, focus on a picture, or follow words in a book, may struggle to achieve their full learning potential. Vision problems can also impact a child’s hand-eye coordination for physical activities and even impact the child’s social development.
- Eyeglasses are used for eyes that are nearsighted (myopic), farsighted (hyperopic) and those with astigmatism. Glasses focus light so that a clear image is formed on the retina.
- Most people who wear eyeglasses have healthy eyes.
- If your child needs glasses, we recommend the best eyewear lenses to correct their vision and protect their eyes.
- At Eye Wellness we offer a large selection of cool and fashionable eyeglass frames specially fitted for kids
- Contact Lenses
- Kids can wear contact lenses too!
- We prescribe and fit children with contact lenses that will provide them with the best vision and optimal health
- Our eye doctors in Niagara Falls, ON perform eye health examinations to ensure that they maintain healthy eyes while they are wearing contact lenses.
- We educate them on how to use and care for their contact lenses to maintain optimal eye health.
Protect Your Eyes
- Kids especially need to wear sunglasses
- By age 20, our eyes have received 80% of their life’s UV exposure
- Sports Eyewear is an important part of sports gear
- Eye injuries are a leading cause of blindness in children
- 90% of all eye injuries can be prevented by wearing eyewear or helmets with facemasks made from a material called polycarbonate
Liberty Sport is the Protective Eye Wear we carry.
To help support children’s vision, we are happy to provide the Eye See Eye Learn Program.
Eye Wellness Exam for Kids:
- Eyefoods for Kids nutrition questionnaire
- Comprehensive Eye Exam
- Retinal photograph
- Eye Wellness Treatment Plan